Alina Apopei, MBACP, BSc Psychology, Msc Psychotherapy and Counselling
Emotional distress or anxiety and depression are the two common problems that many people face. Let it be trauma, painful experiences or unsettling memories, anything that feels as if it covers everything like a dark cloud and which can lead to depression, they can all be dealt with in therapy. I always dreamt of bringing a positive change in the life of those who feel completely lost or may just need a little help through a 'hard patch'. Being an experienced therapist, I believe that care, along with a therapeutic environment and professional support can play a vital role in helping individuals discover their inner resources to overcome difficulties to enjoy a happy life.
There are many people out there who live their life in despair because they have difficulty finding that someone who can help them know their inner self and competencies. Due to the lack of support, they lose their self-esteem and isolate themselves. My aim is to help them with effective therapies and to support, to offer a safe space to explore what is needed for change to occur, as well as to motivate and stimulate their interest and motivation in achieving the results desired .
My passion for helping people in need of emotional and psychological support compelled me to do extensive training. I have a wealth of experience in using various therapies for my clients. The therapies vary according to each client’s needs. I offer psychotherapy and counselling in Wimbledon and Blackfriars to help my clients cope with their feelings and emotions that worry them, so they become their best version of themselves.
As a registered and fully accredited member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, subject to rigorous checks and bounded by high Ethical Standards, I demonstrate that I have achieved high standards of knowledge, experience and development. This means I can provide a safe and a high quality professional service for you, to help you overcome your issues and to promote happiness and personal growth.
I can offer therapy in several languages. I am fluent in English, Romanian and have a good command of Italian.
- MSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Roehampton University)
- Diploma in Integrative Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy and Counselling Skills (Contemporary College of Therapeutic Studies)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnosis and NLP (Contemporary College of Therapeutic Studies)
- Level 1 and 2 Diploma in Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT Academy)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (Open University)
Other Work Experience::
- Lewisham Speaking Up (groups for adults&young people with disabilities)
- Carers Support ( low/no cost counselling for carers)
- Wimbledon Guild (low cost counselling)
- Mental Health Recovery (rehabilitating adults and young people diagnosed with mental illness and/or behavioural problems)
- Victim Support (supporting victims of crime)